Transform Your Legal Career with the Science of Data: Acquire In-Demand Legal Analytics Skills to Thrive in a Data-Driven Legal World.
Module 1: Introduction to Legal Analytics and Python Basics
- Overview of legal analytics and its applications in the legal field
- Introduction to Python programming: variables, data types, operators, control flow, and functions
Module 2: Financial Statement Analysis
- Working with Python libraries for data manipulation, such as NumPy and Pandas
- Data cleaning and preprocessing techniques using Python
- Exploratory data analysis and statistical analysis in Python
Module 3: Valuation Methods
- Data visualization principles and best practices
- Creating charts, graphs, and interactive visualizations using Python libraries like Matplotlib and Seaborn
Module 4: Corporate Finance Principles
- Fundamentals of machine learning: supervised and unsupervised learning
- Data preprocessing techniques for machine learning tasks
- Building and evaluating predictive models using scikit-learn library
Module 5: Equity Research
- Introduction to NLP and its applications in legal analytics
- Text preprocessing techniques: tokenization, stemming, and lemmatization
- Sentiment analysis, text classification, and named entity recognition using NLP libraries
Module 6: Debt Capital Markets
- Understanding the fundamentals of language models and Chat GPT
- Training and fine-tuning Chat GPT for legal applications
- Implementing legal question-answering systems using Chat GPT
Module 7: Financial Analytics and Data Visualization
- Overview of Power BI/Tableau and its role in legal analytics
- Connecting to data sources and data modeling in Power BI/Tableau
- Creating interactive dashboards and reports in Power BI/Tableau
- Applying advanced data visualization techniques in Power BI/Tableau
- Utilizing Power BI/Tableau for legal data analysis and insights
Module 8: Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) for Finance
- Students work on a real-world legal analytics project utilizing Python coding skills and Chat GPT for legal text analysis
- Project scoping, data collection, and preprocessing
- Applying Python programming, machine learning, and Chat GPT techniques to analyze legal data
- Presentation of project findings and recommendations
(100 HOURS WEEKEND COURSE) +
(2 MONTHS INTERNSHIP)
MASTER DIPLOMA/POST GRADUATE MASTER DIPLOMA
(100 HOURS WEEKEND COURSE) +
(6 MONTHS ON-JOB TRAINING AS LEGAL DATA ANALYST)
MODE OF LEARNING
BIA® has a CLASSROOM + ONLINE training pattern where students have the flexibility to attend the sessions IN CLASSROOM as well as ONLINE. BIA® Trainers conduct the training sessions live from BIA® Classrooms. All BIA® sessions are live streamed for students from that batch, thus enabling students to attend the same sessions ONLINE and interact with the Trainer as well as other students.
Global Leader in Advanced Technology Training
bia ® trained students
bia ® campuses
global corporate partners
training hours completed
What You Will Learn In The Legal Analytics Course
You'll learn advanced legal research techniques and methodologies, utilizing data science tools to extract insights from legal databases and case law.
E-Discovery and Document Review
You'll learn how to effectively manage e-discovery processes, utilizing data science techniques to efficiently review and categorize large volumes of digital documents.
You'll develop skills in analyzing and interpreting legal data, including preprocessing, cleaning, and transforming data to extract meaningful information.
You'll acquire skills in visualizing legal data through charts, graphs, and interactive dashboards, enabling effective communication of complex legal information.
You'll learn how to build predictive models to forecast legal outcomes, using machine learning algorithms to predict case results or estimate settlement values.
Compliance and Risk Management
You'll learn to analyze data related to regulatory changes, identify compliance risks, and develop proactive strategies for risk mitigation and compliance monitoring.
You'll gain expertise in contract analysis, leveraging natural language processing (NLP) techniques to extract and classify contract clauses, identify risks, and automate due diligence processes.
You'll gain knowledge of financial analysis in the legal industry, including analyzing billing records, profitability metrics, and resource allocation for better financial planning and decision-making.
You'll explore the ethical considerations specific to legal analytics, understanding the importance of confidentiality, privacy, and ethical standards in data-driven legal practice.
Through hands-on projects and case studies, you'll gain practical experience in applying legal analytics techniques to real-world legal scenarios, developing a strong foundation for using data science in your legal career.